Friday, July 16, 2010

My Triumphant Return to Blogging

I've been on a hiatus. Not from dieting but from blogging. Not that the dieting thing has been going to well. But it is now.

This week I had an emotional break through. I was ready to give up. The mountain of weight I have to conquer just looked TOO big. I can't seem to break past 320. I get there and then lose my way. I was chugging at least one 44 oz Coke Zero per day and junk kept creeping into my diet. Then I sat down with my Hubs and we talked. I saw how he was feeling for the first time. I am blessed with a good man, who loves me despite my size but is concerned he's going to lose me. Even though some of the things he said was harsh, I needed to hear it. It was the kick in the pants I have been needing.

See I increased my intensity a couple of weeks ago, but I still wasn't as consistent as I needed to be. So when I did workout it was intense, but once or twice a week isn't enough. Especially when you are still eating outside of your calorie range and drinking soda (despite it's zeroness, it's terrible for you). I wasn't hardly drinking water and my body felt HORRIBLE. I honestly thought I was beginning my downhill decent to death. Truly. I'm not just being dramatic. I figured my unhealthy ways were finally going to get me.

I am feeling better now. Just in the last couple of days. I am pushing past the pain (fibromyalgia and arthritis) and I am looking to my future.

These are my current goals:
~~To break 300 by August 1st (this one is lofty, I set it about a month ago and then got off the beaten course. I'm still going for it though).
~~August 22 is a big day for us and I want to be wearing a new outfit, 3 sizes smaller than I am today.
~~Drink 10 cups of water a day.
~~Exercise 6 days per week.
~~Burn at least 600 calories per day.
~~Stay within calorie range everyday.

I am rewarding myself with that new outfit. I will make that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment