Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Two Snacks and a Success

I am off to a great start this year and I plan on keeping this momentum!! I am ever searching for little snacks that will help keep my metabolism going, get me within but not over my calorie range and that are yummy! The other night I decided that I wanted an apple. So I sliced the apple and then I sprinkled the top with just a little cinnamon and then on the side I put 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (1 TBSP is half the serving size!). YUM-MY!! So good. Then today after my morning workout I needed a little snack and REALLY wanted a chicken wrap, but I didn't want a lot of calories for a snack. So here is it:

Mini Chicken Wrap:

1/2 of a whole wheat tortilla
1 tsp. of miracle whip
A pinch of shredded cabbage
Shaved chicken
About 10 matchstick carrots

Spread on the miracle whip. Then put on your cabbage, enough to make a little trail about 2 inches wide in the middle of the wrap. Then top the cabbage with the chicken and carrots. Fold the sides in and enjoy! Sprinkle with black pepper or cayenne pepper for a little kick! This little snack is a combined total of only 144 calories, 17 carbs, 3g fat and 13 g of protein! Most importantly, I was satisfied and won't eat now until lunch.

I had a major woo hoo moment yesterday. It didn't start out that way though. Yesterday for whatever reason possessed this crazy head I bought a Zero bar. In the checkout line at the grocery store, my eye caught it and I wanted it. On impulse I picked it up and bought it. It was a King size bar. I don't know why I wanted it, I haven't had a Zero bar in years, I mean years! Normal vices are Reese's or Hersey Bar, not Zero. I got in the van to come home, opened it up and broke off about one third. I ate it. I didn't enjoy it. I thought, "why did you do that, you didn't need or want that". The rest of the bar went into the trash. Why is this a Woo Hoo moment you ask. Because I didn't finish it. The old Joy would have considered the day a loss and finished the bar whether she liked it or not. Progress, slow but sure progress!! And even with the momentary insanity, I still kept within calorie range yesterday!!!

When I started this year I made a commitment to myself and my family that I would get healthy. But I also committed my efforts to God and He is helping me, daily, to meet my goals. I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.~~Philippians 4:13 GWT

This year I am doing it right~~through Christ and one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment