Saturday, June 4, 2011

The New PJ's

I love pj's. To me there is nothing better than a new pair of pj's. I have many sets and yet I keep getting more.

Last week I went shopping with a friend. I was just browsing until I came across the cutest pair of blue pj's. They were terribly cute with fabric rosettes, a ruffle and incredibly soft fabric. Best of all, they were on sale. No way could I pass them up.

That evening when time for comfy clothes I put on the new pj's. I was sitting on the couch reading when Superhubs came home from work. He says, "what are you wearing"?, my response, "pj's". We are very profound. He says, "they look weird, like a tutu". I was a little stunned. Let me say here, Superhubs was NOT criticizing me, he was criticizing the pj's. I don't mind that he didn't like them, I did and we both know that they are for sleeping, not going to the theatre. But he did something that he didn't know was going to do or did. He planted a picture in my head. You know, those pictures that pop up when someone says something and no matter how hard you try to shake it, you can't.

Put her in a blue tutu and this is what I see every time I wear the pj's.



It is a perfect depiction of how I feel usually, but especially with those pj's on. A hippo, trying to float through life in something that doesn't suit her body.

No comments:

Post a Comment