Friday, May 20, 2011

Definition

I have done the research. I have read the books. I know the process and procedures. I know the exercises. I know the definition of weight loss.

But knowledge doesn't melt the fat off of a person.

I recently decided to get a therapist. Very recently, I have only been once. See for the last two years, at least, I have been counseling myself. And not very well I might add, so I decided I really needed to reach out and ask/get the help I need. This was HUGE for me. Talking about my food addiction and emotional eating issues and the issues I eat over, are something I never, NEVER share. Some things I have never told anyone.

Even after one session with Dr. J, I knew it was exactly what I needed. I adopted the pen name Joy because that is what I like to have around me and what I like to exude, but for the last couple of months I have been anything but joyful. I have some deep hurts and wounds to address that I was hoping would just heal and I could move on. Well I moved on but my hurts never actually healed. I ignored them as reasons. I passed the overeating off as simply, a lack of will power. Then I finally adopted the fact that it was an addiction, still never really knowing why. I have identified some of the reasons and now I am ready to deal with those and move ahead. Definition.

I will also be taking a class/group on Mindful Eating. This will be my new approach to weight loss. No more wild goals that are not realistically achievable. I am going to get healthy, mentally, emotionally and physically~even if that takes a longer than I want. More than dropping weight fast, I want to drop it permanently. Definition.

I am going to definition. I plan on blogging my way through this. The good, the bad, the ugly. Whatever comes out, comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment